Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Stuffed Chicken Breast

Chicken breasts always seem to be on hand in my home.  While there are about a thousand recipes for chicken I found myself today just staring.  Willing the chicken to turn into something magical.  I guess I was having an off day because the chicken remained uncooked and stubborn.  I was gonna have to make a move but I was having a bad case of culinary block.  Then it hit me.  I am gonna stuff these babies!  I had some fresh Basil from my garden, a tomato that needed to be used up, and some shredded Italian cheese.  We were ready to rock . . . except . . . I have never stuffed chicken breasts before.  *Gulp* So I did what any one would do and took my quest to youtube for answers.  Here is the video that guided me.



My chicken wasn't as beautiful as hers but it held the goods and was really yummy.

Tomato and Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts
  • Chicken Breasts, thawed
  • Fresh Basil
  • Shredded Italian Cheese
  • Tomato, sliced thin
  • salt
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Olive Oil
For the chicken breast prep follow the instructions on the youtube video above.  Slice the tomato very thin.  The thinner you can make it the easier it will be for you to roll it.  Layer the ingredients one side of the chicken.  Then roll like in the video and secure with tooth picks.  I think next time I will be using kitchen twine instead.  I required a lot of tooth picks.

Next, coat the chicken with olive oil. Then, sprinkle with salt and Italian seasoning.  We chose to put these on our grill.  They took about 25 mins on medium heat.  If you choose to put them in the oven I recommend a 350 degree oven for about 35 mins.

Let rest for about 5 mins and remove the toothpicks or kitchen twine.  These were so tender and the basil really infused into the chicken.


So Pretty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment